Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sorrowful Farewell

Wednesday (30th of Nov):

Early morning, still dawn, my dad woke me up to do some last minute checks on iour luggages. The day came. The day that i had to leave Singapore and fly back to Philippines, and not going back to Singapore for a very long time. So i checked everything, from my room, to my toilet, to the living room. Everythings ok: empty. Then at the last minute before the taxi arrived, i looked back inside, mesmerized by the fact that i wont be seeing the unit anymore.
I arrived at the taxi at around 8.30 am. To my shock, my brother's friends are already there! And as time went by, more of them came! Chin Yong and Jun Jie were the first ones who arrived at 9.00am. Chin Yong was so intrigued by the fact that my brother's friends were populating the place, whereas there was only the 3 of us. So he started calling the others and asked them to hurry up. But to his despair, they were late by an hour! They arrived at 10.00 am! But it was ok with me, cuz i accept it as my karma for being late everytime theres an outing.
By 10.30, we were complete.. there were 16 of us, but it was still a definite lose to my brother because he had around 40 of his friends. But i dont care, as long as my friends were there, no external affairs could interupt my state of mind. I treated them in burger king with the cheapest burger in the menu (Of course there were 16 of them!).
When the clock hit 11.00, my dad started calling me telling me to go back to the departure area cuz he didnt want any delays or problems, so i complied to him. We dashed back to the area and regrouped there. My mom was recording us over our handycam and i introduced each and everyone of them to the cam, including there nicknames and etc. And then my friends started giving me the gifts. I could still hold back my tears back then cuz i dont usually cry infront of many people. But i was in the brink of crying, just a little bit more and i couldnt take it anymore. I held this ball the class gave me as a gift with signatures and messages written on it. It touched me a lot that i bit my lips to prevent myself from sheding tears. And then, Shierly started to say "Do u remember the first time we talked?" And at that point, it reached the edge. The pain crossed my treshold and then i cried a tear. Shierly continued to speak and then i cried a river of tears! I could see my bestfriend's, Kok Chuang, face. It made me even wept more. I couldnt take it anymore, and although i hated people see me cry, i just ignored that fact and sobbed infront of them. Besides, they are my friends and they have the right to see me cry. My dad suddenly called me from behind, telling me to go in the departure area. I quickly hugged anyone i saw, but when i hugged Kok Chuang, i hugged him the tightest and the longest. I didnt want to let him go. But then, i had to cuz i still havent hugged the others. I hugged Shierly and again, i didnt want to let her go. And i hugged netty and Jun Jie and anyone i found. But to my unfortunate, my dad was getting impatient so i didnt get to hug some of them.
While queing in the immigration, I saw them behind the glass door, waving at me. Some had teary eyes and that made me cry even more. Often, i would look back and waive at them looking at there faces for the last time. It was so hurtful and it filled my heart with sorrows and despairs. And then, i boarded the plane with sadness in my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you Jon!

Anonymous said...

i know..that day was like a bloody hell...haha...yea..i miss you too gay!!

-sammie- said...

Come back WATERMELON!!