Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Saturday Night Partying

Saturday (17th of Dec):

Reggie has invited me to his 19th birthday party at Grilla resto-bar around rockwell. I was so psyched about it cuz it would be my first party this month. First party cuz my friends (who are now in university) were having their finals. Reggie told me that the party starts at 8pm.
So there was I, arrived at Grilla at exactly 8:00 pm. Of course I was on time cuz I've learnt a lot of lessons in Singapore, and my friends in Singapore kept on nagging me whenever I was late. So, I tried my best to be punctual, and I succeeded! Well, nothing to be joyful about. When I arrived, only the birthday celebrant and his girlfriend were around! He was shocked to see me very early! (In the Philippines, being on time means being early). He had to prepare for the party so he left me with his girlfriend to chat. After 30 mins, 3 guys arrived whom I havent met before. They were Reggie's friends in his University. My friends here in the Philippines have scattered because they went to different universities. So I continued chatting with the celebrant's girlfriend for 30 mins more. At around 9:00 pm, people started to fill the place up. Reggie had rented the whole of the first floor of Grilla and there was a buffet! I asked him why he didnt rent the 2nd floor instead, and he said that someone already rented it and someone even rented the parking lot and filled it with tables! There were literally 3 parties in one place! One by one, my friends came. They didnt know that I was back because I didnt contacted them when I returned. I felt that I had to settle my family and relative matters first, so that I wont be distracted by my friends and complicate the schedule, and at the same time I didnt want to disturb them with their finals. So when my friends saw me in the party, they were surprised and very excited! We gave each other a combination of handshake and a kind of high-five. My friends were like "Hey! When did you come back?? Why the hell you didnt call me!". All my friends said almost the same thing, and I had to repeatedly explain to them one by one my reason. I explained when we were eating the buffet, and at the same time, we were drinking this Philippine-made cocktail called Weng-Weng. Its pink in colour and tastes a bit sweet with a little hint of sourness. I liked it and I drank half the pitcher! It didnt hit me cuz the alcohol content is less than beer. There were several tables. One filled with Girls from Poveda, another filled with girls from ICA, one filled with guys and girls from different schools, and ours filled with guys from Xavier. There's this close friend of mine named Paul Tuazon. He's half Spanish, half american, half filipino, half chinese. Man, thats insane! What kind of a person if half everything?! But anyway, he's a hearthrob, and a moron! He loves to fool around with girls, and the wierd part is, girls also love him! Something's wrong there. But anyway, he's still my friend. We talked about my life in Singapore and he kept on asking hows my sex life, do i have a girl there, do I fool around a lot there, and stuffs like that. And then the birthday celebrant came to our table, holding a glass of ice tea saying "Hey guys, if you want anything, just order it. Everything's on me! Even the drinks!". And thats when the real party started! The first drink that i ordered was an Arctic Strawberry Vodka on the rocks. On the rocks means that its served in a low glass with ice. Paul recommended me that drink cuz I told him that I know very little about alcohols. Of course I liked it and got 2 more after finishing that glass! I still wasnt tipsy at that time cuz I was eating my food at the same time. If i eat while Im drinking, the alcohol wont hit that hard. And then, slowly, our table had lesser guys and more girls. My friends, including Paul, were going around the 1st floor like a butterfly, flirting and chatting with girls. He's very popular. Almost all the girls there knows him and he knows them too! I really envy him. So there I was, sitting on our table, chatting to my friends that got left behind. And then Paul noticed that I was getting bored, so he asked me to follow him and he started introducing me to all the girls he know! He was like "Pat, I'd like you to meet an important friend who studies in Singapore. Pat this is Jonas, and Jonas, this is Pat." Most of the time, I'd only receive Hi's and chat abit and then byes. And they will go to their own friends. But Paul didnt give up, neither did I, so we continued hovering around meeting new girls. I met more or less 10 girls and they were all very gorgeous! Oh my God, its been a long time since I've seen hot chicks! Most of them are half spanish, some are half american, some are even half Italian! And then I got hooked up with a girl. She's not as pretty as the others, but at least she's talkative. But by that time, I've drunk a 2 Goldslaggers on the rocks, 1 Scotch black on the rocks, and a bottle of San Miguel Light beer. I purposely ordered the expensive drinks cuz I know that the was one of the only time I'd get to drink expensive drinks for free! But everytime I order, I'd make sure that Reggie knows to pay respect for him. So I was very tipsy by that. Almost on the brink of getting drunk. But I could still stand properly, walk almost properly, and talk almost properly. And yeah, I chatted with this girl that Paul Introduced. Her name is Pat and we chatted for a long time. Well, it wasnt that long, but longer than the other girls. We were talking on the top of our voices because the music was very loud! She knew that I was already tipsy. I asked her what school is she from. And then after a while, I asked her again and she said "Didnt you asked that already?" Then I'd say "Oh yeah, hehe, I'm sorry cuz Im a bit tipsy.". Then I told her that a bottle of beer in Singapore is S$12, which is about 500 pesos, and here in the Philippines costs me only 40 pesos, which is only S$1.50! She was shocked, but i told her that twice, and of course, she wasnt shocked anymore on the second time. She decided to give me a glass of water because she knew that I was already tipsy. After that, She had to go so we ended our conversation, but before she left, I asked for her number. And then after that, I continued hanging out with the other girls that I just met. There was this american girl asked me "Are you stoned?". I thought to myself, what the hell is "stoned?". So I just replied with a simple no. Then I talked to another girl cuz I've just realized that I just ended our converstion with a simple no! Damn, bad move there! I should have asked her what "stoned" means. But I learnt from my mistakes and I got better in socializing. I chatted with several girls, but all of them are with their other friends, so I couldnt just ask for their number. At around 1 am, Reggie's rental of the 1st floor was over, and so was the party. Most of the people there left after that because they have their own cars. Well, the consequence for driving your own car is you're not allowed to get tipsy. But I planned to get tipsy, probably even get drunk. So I just called my dad and asked him to pick me up. After around 20 mins, my dad arrived. Not only him, but including my mom, my sisters, my brother, and my cousins! They saw me tipsy and it was ok with my parents! They even asked me what liquors did I drank! And then when they saw me with my unstable stance, they just laughed and my cousins were teasing me. We went to a pizza house and ate pizza. After that we went home and I slept very very well!
All of this partying is just fooling around and nothing serious about it. We filipinos love to fool around and enjoy life! This is another chapter of my life, since the previous chapter in Singapore ended sadly, but gave me lots of very good memories. As this chapter starts, I will never forget the memories from the previous chapter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey yo baby........blog so long ah?
I'm lazy to read u know..

Anonymous said...

stoned means getting high from drugs jonas..-_-" haha...you're havin a great deal of fun..and what!!it's been so long since you've seen a chick?hell no!!it's not that long...u saw me arnd a month ago..that isnt that long!!

Anonymous said...

oh.. heii, seems that u're enjoying ur life there gay but dun ever forget me ! haha Miss ya

Anonymous said...

hey pls remember to do paragraphing.....it's freaky scary to see one whole chunk of words right smack in ur face..

sandy said...

Hey!! hahax..seems that you are too busy to blog anymore.