Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Fun and Amazing Week

It has been more than a week since i left and as soon as i arrived, i was very busy. The first thing that i did was to unpack and arrange all our stuffs! We have a lot of stuffs from spore and it was very tiring! It took us 2.5 days before we could arrange everything! From furnitures to appliances to cloths! It was very chaotic! And then few days later, we went to Lago de Oro, Batangas to go wakeboarding. It was a 3 hr ride from my house in Manila. My ride was great! i learnt a new trick! i can do a power slide! It looks complicated but its very simple and its a cool move! And then the next day, my dad brought us to learn golf. He hired a professional coach and taught us. It was quite difficult but the coach said that i am the fastest student who learned. Probably because of my tennis skills. My dad said that most of tennis players can easily learn golf because the twisting of the body and the arm swings are almost similar. among the 5 of us (me, my bro, 2 sis, and my mom), i was the fastest learner. I find it fun, but not as fun as wakeboarding.. Its fun especially when u hit the sweet spot and my ball will fly very high and very far! But it doesnt pump my adrenaline, so i dont find it super fun.. For me, an activity that is fun for me should be able to pump my adrenal glands and secrete adrenaline! I read in the bio textbook that continual secretion of adrenaline hormones can lead to heart problems in the future.. But i dont care! as long as im having fun, i'll just say "The heck with the future! Everyone dies anyway!" haha! Ok, enough of this bullshit! My hands are full of blisters now.. On the palm is from wakeboarding and on my fingers is golf. Its extremely painful! But i dont care!
Yesterday, we went to Lago de Oro again to wakeboard.. But this time, my dad asked me to drive. He said that he wanted me to learn how to drive in expressways and highways. Just by hearing the word expressway scared me! But anyway, i have the guts so i did it. I drove for an average speed of 90 kmh for 3 hours non stop! It was not so difficult because i didnt have to squeez the car in between traffics. The highways had no traffic, so attention and alertness is a must because anything can happen in 1 second of day dreaming! So we arrived at lago de oro and i met this familiar looking pro korean wakeboarder. He saw my sticker on my board that says "2005 HSBC Wakeboard competition Singapore". And he pointed at it and said that he competed there. Thats why he's familiar! And yesterday i focused more on my jumps. I used the ramps often until my fins got wore out! My fins!!!! But anyways, as long as i learn, i dont care if my board wrecks. Oh and the Philip Solven (Champion in the HSBC competition in 2004 and 2005) is fading! I dont know what to do with it anymore! Damn! We wakeboarded for 6 hrs with an hour break every 3 hrs! Thats extensive, but its very cheap! I think its only S$50 per person for 6 hrs! After i wakeboarded, we went home late at night cuz we hanged out at my cousin's place in tagaytay highlands. My cousin has a house there and its a 2 hr ride from my house. It was very cold and foggy, but my dad said that Canada is 10 times colder there! Oh my God! I'll freeze to death! On our way home, my dad brought us to a pub and i drank San Miguel Light (my Favourite beer) with him, my bro and my cousin. Man, i really missed San Miguel! And then we went home. I told my dad that i couldnt drive anymore cuz i was really tired so he drove! Imagine, 6 hrs of wakeboarding! When we arrived home, i fell flat on my bed. Didnt even bothered to brush my teeth of take a bath! haha!
I havent gone out with my friends here though cuz they are very busy with there university life. They are having there finals next week so i didnt disturb them. For the mean time, i'll just hang out with my relatives and go wakeboarding or train golf.. I wanted to train for tennis again, but my racket is still on the way here! (It was shipped from spore).
Oh yeah, there was a 3 day straight shopping spree! We would leave the house in the morning and go went back home ar 10 pm! We literally shopped till i dropped! We bought everything, pants, jackets, underwears, socks, tshirt, jogging pants, long sleeves shirt, shoes! Everything is for Canada! I have lots of very thick jackets now! Oh my God! i wonder if i'll ever use it. Then i bought an original addidas soccer shoes for walking (the one without spikes) for only S$40! Its very cheap because were having a Christmas sale. The shoes are red in colour and its very difficult to match it with my shirt. But i like it anyway.
Oh and the week that i arrived in the Philippines, i very good thing happened to me. Sharon emailed me from taiwan! It was her first time sending me a simple message since 2 yrs ago! When i read it, i wanted to shout for joy and jump around my room! Just imagine, a simple message can make my day. What more if its a long and sincere message! Oh my God, i'll get a heart attack!
Well, this week is fun and tiring. I wonder what surprises lie ahead of my days here.

0 comments: